Welcome to our review of the Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder.
Do you need a rangefinder that you can use when you are out golfing or hunting or when you work on your landscaping projects? You have to find a gadget that will not only provide you with accurate measurement of distance, but will also offer you comfort when you use it. It should be lightweight. It should be made of high quality materials so you can be assured of its durability and long-term use. The tool should also be water resistant (or waterproof) to offer protection during light rain. More important, you should find a rangefinder that’s good for your pocketbook.
All these requirements point to one specific product – the Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder. You can trust Nikon because it is from the world’s leading company in optics. With its extremely compact body, you will be pleased with its optical quality, speed, and accuracy.
If you would like to purchase the Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder right away, then please click the button below:
Another possible choice for you is the Bushnell Tour V3 Standard Edition Golf Rangefinder.
Features Of The Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder
- Present new definition for portability with its ultra-compact size of 3.6”x2.9”x1.5”
- Easy-to-use design (single button operation) and uncluttered display
- Long eye relief
- Automatic power off
- Multilayer coated optics
- Set in Distant Target Priority Mode
- Display increments per yard
- Water resistant
- Ranging capability of 550 yards
- 6x magnification and 20mm objective lens
- Easy-to-read and fast delivery of measurements
- Measurement changes from yard to meter and vice versa in only a push of a button
- Made of high quality materials
- Weigh 4.4 ounces (with no batteries inside)
- Include battery indicator to inform the user of how much battery power remains
- Aside from the Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder, the package includes carrying case and strap, microfiber cloth, and CR2 battery
Benefits Of The Nikon 8397 ACULON
- You can bring it anywhere because it is portable. But with its extremely compact body, you can even place it on your pocket just like your smartphone.
- Its weight makes it easy to wear around the neck. Truth is that it is so light that you barely notice it’s there.
- Nikon 8397 ACULON is easy to use; in only a push of a button, you’ll be able to do immediate distance reading. Push the button held down and scroll across the area that you see and it will measure the distance to a maximum of 20 seconds.
- If you forget to turn the device off, you do not have to worry because it will shut off after being inactive for 8 seconds.
- You will see no clutter in the screen thus you can focus on what you are doing and on the information that you want to see on display.
- Aculon Laser Rangefinder shows the range of the farthest target in a set of targets measured. Because of this, you do not have to feel troubled in case there are obstructions like grass during measurement.
- Users are able to view correctly with its clearer display by minimizing light loss because of reflection. This becomes possible because of the multilayer coated optics of Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder.
- After pressing the button, you will only need to wait for a few seconds to be able to view measurements, which start from 6 yards to 550 yards. These are easy to read as well and presented in per yard increments.
- Because it is waterproof, you can be assured of the device’s protection against water spill or rain.
- If you want measurement in meters, just press the button and you will see numbers converted in meters from yards.
- This rangefinder is best for activities that require measurement of distance, including golf and hunting.
You also might want to examine the Halo XRT Laser Rangefinder.
Pros And Cons
- The simple design allows for instant measurement for an estimated time of 20 seconds. New users will not experience trouble operating it.
- Because it is lightweight and portable, it becomes easy to hang it around your neck during hunting, target shooting, golf, landscaping, and others.
- The optics is crystal-clear thus it is easy to read measurement.
- The quality is excellent. It takes less effort to target and object and get a range. It gives accurate range as well.
- Nikon 8397 ACULON is affordable, yet it works exceptionally that one buyer said it is “hard to beat” as Nikon combined affordability and high quality.
- It is a perfect gift to golfing friends, in laws, and others.
- It locks on to sand traps, flags, and trees, thus making it a must-have for golfers.
- One user did not have any issue operating it during light rain or fog. He did not experience condensation even after taking it inside an air-conditioned room.
- One user expressed satisfaction because the rangefinder has been with him for a year and it does not fall short.
- With its brighter display, you can do accurate readings of targets, regardless if it is a sunny day.
- No whistles or bells like other similar products.
- Because it is very light, some users find it difficult to keep it steady to get a range, particularly when it’s windy.
- It does not have reflectors.
- This gadget works great – but not beyond 400 yards.
- It cannot differentiate flag from background.
- This Nikon rangefinder performs its function efficiently during normal to bright lighting only as it no longer works in the early morning and late evening.
- It does not get a range of 550 yards as advertised. One user said that he was only able to get to as far as 400 yards.
The Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder can offer you the help that you need when measuring distance. It is light thus you can hang it on your neck while you are golfing, target shooting, hunting, landscaping, and for other purposes. It gives accurate range and the display, because of Nikon’s multilayer coated optics, is easy to view (it does not strain your eyes). More important, its design is user-friendly that you will not experience difficulty operating it. This Nikon 8397 ACULON is also affordable, yet it works efficiently.